Aug. 21, 2022
Dear KCHS Family,
I hope that you are having a relaxing summer with family and friends. As we look forward to the new school year, there are dates and information to share with you. My goal this school year is that upcoming pertinent information will be directly shared to you weekly through the school messenger communication system by voice, email and/or text message. Therefore, when the pink emergency cards come home on the first day of school, please fill them out and send back promptly. It will be critical that we have a current and accurate means of communication. You may also visit us on our KCPS and KCHS Websites and Social Media pages.
Our KCHS doors will be open on Thursday, August 25th from 9 to 10 a.m. for any new students/families along with any interested returning students to meet their teachers and become familiar with the building. There will be a KCHS Back to School Night on September 15th from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for all families/students to provide a more formal meeting of your teachers and their academic expectations.
I believe a strong high school experience is critical in laying an educational and social foundation that influences who a student will become as an adult. Having raised two children of my own, I know the importance of staying involved in their lives. I welcome you to be a partner in your child’s education and our school community. PTSA is a great way to become involved and share your voice.
Our KCHS doors are always open!
August 22-25 and August 29 - September 1
• KCHS Band Camp, 6:00 pm-8:30pm
August 29 - First day of school - Grade 9
• This is a transition day for our freshmen.
• AM - Meet with Administration and Leadership teams to learn expectations for meeting success
• PM - Lunch in the Cafeteria- Bring money or a bagged lunch
• Scavenger Hunt to become familiar with the layout of the building
• Attend each class and get locker assignment
August 30 - First day of school Grades 10-12
September 2 - 5 - Labor Day Weekend: Schools and Offices Closed
September 12 - KCHS Evening school begins
September 14 - 1.5 hour early dismissal for students / Staff PD
September 15 - PTSA Back to School Night at 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. in the Auditorium
• Meet and join the PTSA, learn about KCHS clubs
• Meet the KCHS Administration and Leadership teams
• Meet your student’s teachers through classroom visits
September 16 - Underclassmen Pictures- Bring your picture money
September 24 - PEAK Healthcare Alzheimer’s Walk – KCHS Track
September 28 - KCHS PTSA Create with Kindness TikTok Panel Evening
September 30 - Q1 Interim Closes- This date comes fast!!
October 12 - 1.5 hour early dismissal for students / Staff PD
October 12 - PSATs given at KCHS - Sophomores
October 17 & 18 - Senior Picture Make Up Dates- Bring money for your sitting fee.
October 20 - KCHS ½ day dismissal, KCHS Family Conferences in PM
October 21 - Schools and Offices Closed
Opening Home Games: Events Held in Trojan Stadium will cost $5 adults/$1 students. Sports schedules can be found on www.viewmyschedule.com
• Boys Soccer, 4:00 p.m.
• Field Hockey, 4:00 p.m.
• Football and Cheer, 6:30 p.m.
• Girls Soccer, 4:00 p.m.
• Volleyball, 4:00 p.m.
• Students can be dropped off at 7:25 a.m. Class begins at 7:35 a.m. and school ends at 2:25 p.m.
• Students are in school to learn. To learn, they need to be in class. Students are expected to be on time to school and on time to classes. We will be monitoring tardies daily.
• Medicines, over the counter or prescription, should be in the original container and given to the school nurse for distribution after a medication form is completed and signed by the parent/guardian.
• Students driving to school must purchase a parking permit for $35. Students planning to drive or ride with another student everyday will not have a seat reserved on a school bus. Students driving to school along with passengers are expected to be to school and class on time. Attendance will be monitored.
• Juniors and Seniors Register for your SATs: www.collegeboard.com Questions should be directed to your guidance counselor
• Seniors: What are your plans for next year? College, Military, Tech School? Make an appointment with your guidance counselor to prepare for life beyond KCHS.
I am looking forward to working with you and your child. Have a safe and relaxing remainder of the summer. It is always a great day to be a Trojan!!
Kris R. Hemstetter
“Achieving Excellence Together”