Habilitative services are health care services that help you keep, learn or improve skills and functioning for daily living that may not be developing normally.
These services may include:
• Physical Therapy
• Occupational Therapy
• Speech-Language Pathology
• Applied Behavioral Analysis
• Behavioral Health Treatment
• Psychological Care
• Therapeutic Care
• Other services for people with disabilities including inpatient and outpatient settings.
Under Maryland law, if your child has a congenital or genetic birth defect existing at or from birth, including a hereditary defect, your child qualifies for habilitative services under your health insurance or HMO contract.
These defects include but are not limited to:
• Autism or autism spectrum disorder
• Cerebral palsy
• Intellectual disability
• Down syndrome
• Spina bifida
• Congenital or genetic developmental disabilities.