Kent County Public Schools established committees focused on four pillars of the Blueprint for Maryland's Future.
Policy Area 1: Early Childhood Education
Policy Area 2: Highly Qualified and Diverse Teachers and Leaders
Policy Area 3: College and Career Readiness
Policy Area 4: More Resources to Ensure All Students Are Successful
The purpose of the Blueprint Policy Area Committees is to:
1. Share information and collect feedback pertinent to each policy area;
2. Empower stakeholders through the co-creation of Blueprint programs;
3. Work collaboratively to strengthen teaching and learning by meeting all requirements of the Blueprint.
Members of the Blueprint Policy Area Committees participate meaningfully by:
1. Learning about the implications of the Blueprint on programs in Kent County Public Schools;
2. Sharing their opinions, questions, and concerns related to the implementation of the Blueprint;
3. Making suggestions to improve teaching and learning through the implementation of the Blueprint;
4. Actively sharing their knowledge of the Blueprint with the larger school community and beyond.